- Action: A specific task to be performed by an Agent when assisting a consumer. This could involve interacting with a remotely connected device and/or guiding the consumer using HTML-based content. For consumers with Windows computers, an Action is part of a Guided Paths® for Windows application Step (see Guided Paths for Windows Application - opens a new article) and can consist of a Shortcut.
- Administrator: A user who can access the Support.com® Cloud Admin menu to perform administrative tasks, including managing users and teams, branding, and custom fields.
- Agent: A user with this role interacts directly with consumers to provide technical and other support services via sessions. The Agent directly responsible for running a session is called the assigned Agent, and any other Agents who are viewing that session are called collaborating Agents.
- Analytics: A set of dashboards and reports that provide insight into your company’s support services are performing and highlights potential areas for improvement.
- Article: These are quick, one-step solutions that are useful for quick troubleshooting, knowledge base articles, or FAQs. Support Articles eliminate unnecessary Guided Path step lists that crowd Agents’ screens, helping them to reduce the effort needed to support your consumers.
- Available: An Agent whose status is set to Available can receive sessions transferred to a Skill that is part of that Agent's user profile.
- Busy: An Agent whose status is set to Busy cannot receive sessions transferred to a Skill that is part of that Agent's user profile. The Agent can still receive direct assignments.
- Category: A collection of Guided Paths. You can create Categories by device type (such as Windows® or iOS), function (such as Configuration or Troubleshooting), department (such as Marketing or Operations), or any other arrangement that best suits your company’s needs. An effective set of Categories can help Agents find Guided Paths more rapidly and effectively help consumers resolve issues.
- Consumer: A consumer is a person who is contacting your company to receive help with one or more issues from an agent.
- Customer: A customer is a generic term for a Support.com Cloud user profile.
- Designer: A user who can design Actions, Steps, and Guided Paths. This term also refers to the Designer section within Support.com Cloud, which is where Designer users design the Actions, Guided Paths, and Steps.
- Guide: A type of Action that provides HTML-based content to an agent (called "agent-facing"). Guides can include text, images, and video.
- Navigator: Section within Support.com Cloud where a user with the Agent role creates Sessions for new or existing consumers in order to assist those consumers.
- Path: A Path is a set of Steps that is designed to help Agents assist consumers by providing a clearly defined process for resolving issues or providing other kinds of support.
- Session: An interaction with a consumer. A session may have multiple Paths and can also include remote connections to multiple consumers.
- Shortcut: A type of Action that automatically opens applications on a consumer’s device.
- Skill: A grouping of Agents based on skill set and/or responsibilities that can be used for transferring sessions to Agents who can best resolve a consumer's needs.
- Solution: A type of Action that performs a specific function on a consumer’s device, such as obtaining device diagnostics or configuring wireless networks. Solutions are provided by Support.com for use on Windows computers.
- Step: A Step is part of a Path. Each Step can include one or more Actions that consist of HTML-based content and/or functions that the Agent can perform on the consumer’s device via a remote connection.
- Supervisor: A user who can monitor open sessions assigned to specific Agents and/or unassigned sessions and transfer (assign) sessions to Agents.
- Team: A team is a group of Agents. You may create Teams and assign Agents to those Teams in any way to suit your company’s needs. For example, you could create Teams by geographic location (such as San Francisco), product line, device type, etc.
- Template: Templates are pre-built Guided Paths that are included out of the box with your Support.com Cloud.
- Tool: A type of Action that downloads and launches applications on a consumer’s device (currently available for Windows only).
- Transfer: The act of assigning a session to a different Agent or Skill. The selected Agent must be available in order to transfer sessions to that Agent (see Availability; opens a new article).
Modified on: Mon, 25 Sep, 2017 at 9:24 AM
Did you find it helpful? Yes No
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?