Support.com® Cloud includes five different way to customize how you view the data that appears in the various reports described in Dashboards (opens a new article). These methods are:
- Ribbon: The Ribbon at the top of each Analytics screen contains a number of functions that allow you to navigate sets of bookmarks, lock and unlock selections, add notes, work with bookmarks, and collaborate with your peers. See Ribbon.
- Filters: Filters allow you to select only data that meets your selected criteria. See Filters.
- Direct Selection: You may directly select data in both charts and tables. See Direct Selection.
- Drill Down: You may directly click a table row or click and drag an area in a chart to see only information for the selected row/interval, as appropriate. See Drill Down.
- Visualization: Much of the data presented in Support.com Cloud can be viewed in several different ways, such as by toggling between a table and various types of charts, by clicking the Fast Change button. See Visualization Options.
The Ribbon appears at the top of all Analytics screens:
From left to right, the buttons in the Ribbon are:
- Clear: Clicking this button clears any currently selected filter(s). This is the same as clicking the Clear icon (eraser) in the Current Selections area of the Filters. See Filters.
- Back: Returns you to your previously-selected filter(s) in a manner similar to a browser Back button.
- Forward: Moves you forward to your next set of selected filter(s) in a manner similar to a browser Forward button.
- Lock: Clicking the Lock icon (locked padlock) maintains your currently-selected filter(s) as you move through the various dashboard and/or reports within Support.com Cloud.
- Unlock: Clicking the Unlock icon (open padlock) unlocks your currently-selected filter(s). Your currently-selected filter(s) will be cleared when you access the next dashboard or report.
- Show/Hide Notes: Clicking the Notes icon (pad and pencil) toggles the Notes popup on and off. See Notes (opens a new article).
- Add Bookmark: Clicking the Add Bookmark icon (star with a plus sign) opens the Add Bookmark popup, which allows you to save your currently-selected filter(s) as a bookmark that you can return to later using the Select Bookmark pull-down menu. Support.com Cloud saves bookmarks on a per-user basis, meaning that every user with Analytics privileges (see Roles - opens a new article) can save their own bookmarks. You can also share bookmarks with other Analytics users. See Adding a Bookmark (opens a new article).
- Remove Bookmark: Selecting a bookmark using the Select Bookmark pull-down menu (see below) and then clicking the Remove Bookmark icon (star with a minus sign) removes the selected bookmark. A confirmation dialog appears asking you to confirm the removal. If no bookmark is selected, then the confirmation dialog includes a pull-down menu that allows you to choose the bookmark to remove.
- Select Bookmark: This pull-down menu allows you to access your saved bookmark(s), if any. You can also access saved bookmarks that have been created by other users (see Sharing a Bookmark - opens a new article).
- Share Session: Clicking the Share Session icon (message forwarding) allows you to share your current Support.com Cloud Analytics session with one or more coworkers who also have Analytics privileges within Support.com Cloud. See Collaboration (opens a new aticle).
- More: This pull-down menu allows you to access the Mail with Bookmark as a Link option (see below).
- Mail with Bookmark as a Link: Selecting this option in the More pull-down menu allows you to email a hyperlink to your currently-selected bookmark to another user who also has Analytics privileges in Support.com Cloud. The user can click this link to view the bookmark.
Support.com Cloud includes numerous filters that can help you locate the exact information you are looking for. You may apply any number of filters in any order you like. Support.com Cloud returns data that matches all of your selected filters. For example, if you select three filters, then you will only see data that matches all three of those filters. The available filters are:
- Month: Clicking a month displays only data for the selected month.
- Day: Clicking a day displays only data for the selected day. If you select a day but no month, then you will see information for the same day every month. For example, selecting 15 will show you data for January 15th, February 15th, March 15th, and so on.
- Team: Clicking a team (see Direct Selection) displays only data for the selected team. You may select multiple items by pressing and holding [CTRL] while clicking. See Multiple Selections. You may also click the Cycle button (see Filter Functions).
- Path category: Clicking a Path category (see Direct Selection) displays only data for the selected Path category. You may select multiple items by pressing and holding [CTRL] while clicking. See Multiple Selections. You may also click the Cycle button (see Filter Functions).
- Device_OS: Clicking a device operating system (see Endpoints - opens a new article) displays only data for the selected device operating system. You may select multiple items by pressing and holding [CTRL] while clicking. See Multiple Selections. You may also click the Cycle button (see Filter Functions).
- More/Less Filters: Clicking the More Filters button displays the Remote Connections, Session Status, and Path Status filters. When these filters are displayed, clicking the Less Filters button returns you to the default view.
- Remote Connections: Clicking a remote connection displays only data that pertains to remote connections. You may select multiple items by pressing and holding [CTRL] while clicking. See Multiple Selections.
- Session Status: Clicking a session status displays only data for the selected session status. You may select multiple items by pressing and holding [CTRL] while clicking. See See Multiple Selections.
- Path Status: Clicking a Path status displays only data for the selected Path status. You may select multiple items by pressing and holding [CTRL] while clicking. See Multiple Selections.
- Search box: The Search box in the upper-right of the filters allows you to search through all of your data (as opposed to searching one particular field). Support.com Cloud updates search results in real time as you type. Data must match all of your entries in order to appear in search results. Partial matches are also returned. For example, typing And will return data with And, Android®, etc. in it.
The Current Selections box displays all of your currently selected filters.
You may do the following:
- Clear all selections by clicking the Clear icon (eraser) at the top right of the Current Selections box.
- Lock and unlock all selections by clicking the the Lock (closed padlock) and Unlock (open padlock) icons at the top right of the Current Selections box, as appropriate.
- You may also clear and lock/unlock one or more individual filter(s) by clicking the appropriate icon(s) for your desired filter(s) within the Current Selections box.
Some filters allow you to select more than one item within that filter. For example, you may select multiple teams to view data that pertains to those teams. Multiple selection works as follows:
- A selected item appears green, and a deselected item appears blank.
- Clicking a single unselected item selects that item and deselects any previously selected item(s).
- You may select multiple items by pressing and holding [CTRL] while clicking.
- Clicking a selected item either:
- Deselects that item (if only one item is selected when you click).
- Selects that item and deselects all other items (if more than one item is selected when you click).
Each filter includes two or more of the following icons, which allow you to perform various functions within that specific filter (unlike the Ribbon functions, which affect all filters). From left to right, these icons are:
- Cycle: Clicking the Cycle icon (round arrow) allows you to quickly cycle through multiple fields related to that item. For example, clicking this icon for the Agent filter toggles the view between Agents and Teams.
- Search: Clicking the Search icon (magnifying glass) in a filter opens a Search box that allows you to enter one or more search term(s) in order to search for values within that filter. This function is useful if you can’t find the value you’re looking for or just don’t want to scroll through a long list of values. To use the search function, enter your desired term(s). The results filter automatically as you type.
- Clear: Clicking the Clear icon (eraser) clears your selection(s) for the current filter.
- Lock/Unlock: Clicking the Lock icon (light gray padlock) locks the current filter. Locking a filter retains your selection(s) for that filter as you navigate the various Support.com Cloud dashboards/reports. Clicking the Unlock icon (dark gray padlock) removes the lock.
You may select data directly by clicking within charts and tables, as follows:
- Clicking and dragging a rectangle around the area of interest in a chart view.
- Clicking one or more row(s) in a table.
These actions filter your data to your selections and/or drill down into more detailed information (see below).
Support.com Cloud allows you to drill down into charts and tables to see more detailed information, such as a subset of a selected time interval or a more detailed breakdown of the data that appears in a row of a table. To drill down into the Support.com Cloud data:
- In a graphical chart, click and drag to select a portion of the chart. The chart updates to show only information for your selected area.
- In a table, clicking a single item (such as a single Path) displays more details about that item (such as the steps that are part of the selected Path). You may select multiple rows in a table.
To return to your previous view:
- Some charts will include a Return icon (up arrow). Clicking this icon restores your previous view.
- The filter(s) and/or other criteria that led you to the deeper view(s) appear in the Current Selections box (see Current Selections).
Support.com Cloud offers several visualization options in charts and tables:
- In some charts and tables, clicking a Fast Change icon (two arrows) toggles various graphical and textual treatments of the data (eg, histogram, line plot, raw tabular data, etc.) without changing your selections or any of the underlying data.
- In a table, you may double-click a column header to sort that table in ascending (A-Z) order according to the data in that column. Double-clicking again sorts the table in descending (Z-A) order according to the data in that column.
- In a table, you may click and drag rows to rearrange them.