Release Notes for 03/19/2015
Table of Contents
- Navigator: Search Custom Fields
- Navigator: Device Details
- Navigator: Updated Add New Path UI
- Designer: Guide Editor Improvements
Navigator: Search Custom Fields
When custom fields are enabled, the Existing Sessions screen allows you to search using those fields, which are also returned in the search results.
Navigator: Device Details
The Device tab in the Session screen Control Panel displays additional device information, such as:
- Device model
- Operating system, language, and version
- Device manufacturer
- Device brand
- Operating system SDK
- Operating system build number
- CPU architecture
- Installed antivirus program(s)
- Public IP address (in addition to that local NAT IP address currently displayed)
- System or device serial number
- Ethernet adapter(s) information (type, model, NAT IP address, MAC address)
Navigator: Updated Add New Path UI
The Add New Path interface has been updated when starting a session or adding a new Path to an existing session.
The following interface appears when you begin a new session:To select a Path:
- Click the desired Category in the Categories section on the left side of the screen. This refreshes the list of Paths that appear on the right side of the screen.
- Select the desired Path by clicking it.
- A warning message appears if one or more of the Steps in the Path require connecting to a customer's device. You may either:
- Click the Start button to proceed to the Session screen. The connection code will appear in the Remote View section.
- Click the Connect without a Guided Path link to connect to a customer's device without running a specific Path.
When starting a new Path:
- The Recently Used area displays the most recent Paths you have run, allowing you to quickly start new sessions with the same Paths.
- The Search field searches for matching Paths across all Categories. You do not need to select a Category before searching for a Path.
Clicking the Add New Path button in the Session screen opens an updated Start a Guided Path popup. This popup functions as described above.
Designer: Guide Editor Improvements
The Guide editor in the Path Designer includes the following updates, which simplify and enhance functionality when designing Paths:
- Simplified layout with a reduced number of nested menus exposes more functionality with fewer clicks and is more intuitive to use.
- When editing a table, a second menu bar appears with buttons that allow you to add or delete rows and columns, delete the table, and split or merge cells.
- You may now embed images and videos in Guides.
- A new Find/Replace feature has been added.
- A new Preview button opens a popup that allows you to see how the Guide will look after you save it.
- Various fixes.
The following image shows the new Guide editor interface.