Release Notes for 05/21/2015
Table of Contents
- Notice: Enhanced Release Notes
- Global: Increased File Size Limit
- Navigator: Connection Code in Path View
- Navigator: Automatically Begin Remote Control
- Navigator: Buzz Device
- Navigator: SeeSupport Camera Streaming
- Navigator: SeeSupport Auto-Focus on Android Devices
- Navigator: Annotation Support for iOS
- Navigator: Push Survey for iOS
- Designer: Guided Path Apps
- Designer: Enhanced Step Content
- API: Portal UI Integration
- API: REST API
Notice: Enhanced Release Notes
From this release forward, all Release Notes will include new functionality related to the Support.com Cloud API.
- Please visit http://developer.support.com for complete API documentation.
- Please contact us at -email@example.com for more information.
Global: Increased File Size Limit
The file transfer limit has been increased to 250MB.
Navigator: Connection Code in Path View
The top of the Path View now displays the connection code used to connect to the customer's device.
Navigator: Automatically Begin Remote Control
Support.com Cloud automatically begins screen sharing and remote control when connected to a customer's device during a session. This reduces Agent effort and speeds session delivery.
Navigator: Buzz Device
The Chat tab of the Control Panel includes a Buzz button that allows Agents to get a customer's attention when the Support.com Cloud application goes to the background on the customer's device. Clicking this button buzzes the customer's device.
Navigator: SeeSupport Camera Streaming
The SeeSupport camera streaming feature works differently on Android and iOS devices:
- For Android devices, SeeSupport works on both WiFi & mobile data connections.
- For iOS devices, SeeSupport works on WiFi connections.
Navigator: SeeSupport Auto-Focus on Android Devices
Agents connected to an Android device during a session can use the auto-focus function by clicking the object they want to see more clearly.
Navigator: Annotation Support for iOS
Agents running a session connected to a customer's iOS device can draw on the customer's screen and point to areas on the screen. They can also draw on the SeeSupport feed.
Navigator: Push Survey for iOS Devices
Agents connected to an iOS device can push a survey to that device, if that option has been enabled by an Administrator. This function opens the device browser with the first survey question displayed.
Designer: Enhanced Step Content
The previous Support.com Cloud release added a new feature that lets Designers embed external web pages into Steps. This release adds the following additional features:
- Steps can now load web content with variables URLs (i.e. via macro substitution). For example, an agent may need to access https://www.<myCRM>.com/<customerID/, where <mCRM> is your CRM system that you want to embed and <customerID> is the particular customer that you want to display to the agent. The <customerID> field can now be treated as a variable that can be populated from any field within the session.
- Designers can embed Web content that requires the user to login, with the authentication automated.
Designer: Guided Path Apps
This feature allows Designers to create catalogs of Guided Path Steps rather than just a single step. This catalog can then be used to mix and match steps from both the catalog and the other steps in the Step Library. Click here for more information.
API: Portal UI IntegrationThis integration allows Agents to bypass (or at least simplify) Path selection during service delivery via Support.com Cloud. This new function allows developers to pass a search query to Support.com Cloud from their own system that can map to a property, such as the SKUs purchased by a customer. The search query can specify:
- A Guided Path or set of Guided Paths®
- A Category or set of Categories
- A tag or set of tags
- Alternatively, not to run a Guided Path and go straight to remote control.
API: REST API
Developers can now call the Support.com Cloud REST API to retrieve a list of Guided Paths® configured on their tenant, and the status of each Path (Published or Unpublished). This can be used in tandem with the new Path selection functionality mentioned above, to ensure that the system does not request to launch an unpublished Path (which will fail). Click here for more information.