Release Notes for 01/14/2016
- General: Technical Enhancements
- General: Unsupported Browser Notification on Connection Page
- Admin: Turn Off Remote Connection or Note-Taking Functionality
- Navigator: Sorting of My Open Sessions & Activity Monitor
- Mobile Self-Support: Slider to navigate between steps
- Agent Training: Clipboard Hotkeys
General: Technical Enhancements
In order to support a broader set of features and functionality within Support.com Cloud, this release is dedicated to significant infrastructure/technical enhancements. This will help us build a more scalable product for your users and provide them with improved performance and response time.
General: Unsupported Browser Notification on Connection Page
When a consumer accesses the Connection page (to download Support.com Cloud) using an unsupported browser, they will see a pop-up window saying "Did you know that your browser is out-of-date?". The consumer will have the option to upgrade or continue with their existing browser. By upgrading the browser, their experience will be greatly improved.
Admin: Turn Off Remote Connection or Note-Taking/Free-Form Text Functionality
Support.com Cloud will provide additional flexibility in configuration. Admin users will be able to turn off all remote connection capabilities (e.g. ability to connect to a Windows, Mac, iOS or Android device, and the ability to use SeeSupport). Admin users will also be able to turn off the ability to take notes within a session (e.g. any free-form text entry for agents, including agents being able to take notes or provide feedback on content during a session).
Navigator: Sorting of My Open Sessions & Activity Monitor
Agents will see their most recent sessions on top of their My Open Sessions view, instead of the other way around. This is designed to keep their most recent work as top-of-mind. Supervisors will also see this type of sorting in the Agent and Session Monitors (Activity Monitor).
Mobile Self-Support: Slider to navigate between steps
Consumers will be able to move the slider (shown below) to navigate between steps, instead of clicking Back/Next or opening the menu.
back to top
Agent Training: Clipboard Hotkeys
When in a remote session (with a Windows or Mac device), there are two easy ways to access the clipboard using hotkeys.
- To copy from a consumer’s machine to your own clipboard, hit Ctrl+C and (when you see the green message appear - screen shot below) hit Ctrl+C again.
- To paste to a consumer’s machine from your clipboard, just hit F8 and (within the next few seconds) hit Ctrl+V.
- Here's a video demonstrating this functionality.