Introduction to Support.com
What does Support.com Cloud do?
- Your customers can find resolution from within the product itself with our contextual, embedded support
- You have an enhancement to your existing CRM and ticketing software by helping agents solve issues more quickly and consistently, identifying and resolving bottlenecks, and even uncovering new revenue opportunities
- You can also greatly reduce the time spent training and coaching, because the data gathered during every support interaction enables not only ongoing optimization of both customer-facing and agent-facing guidance, but also deep insights into agent and product performance
How do I register to use Support.com Cloud?
You can register an account by contacting a member of the Support.com team.
Who should use Support.com Cloud?
Support.com Cloud is the right Software as a Service (SaaS) when the priorities are reducing customer effort, maximizing the value customers
get from products, and increasing customer and agent satisfaction. Support.com Cloud was designed for intelligent guidance in both contact centers and in customer self-service, to help solve customer issues more quickly and effectively.
Support.com Cloud is used by:
- Customers via embedded support in a web or mobile app
- Administrators who use the Support.com Cloud interface to manage users
- Supervisors to ensure their teams of agents are successful in quickly and effectively resolving customer issues
- Designers who build Guided Paths workflows in Support.com Cloud Designer
Analysts who access to Support.com Cloud Interaction Analytics to discover contact center insights and to build reports and export data
How do other customers get the most value from the software?
Most Support.com customers leverage our software to provide an omni-channel customer experience that starts with Self-Support through web and mobile. By leveraging the full suite of Support.com Cloud tools, you can ensure that your customers will be able to get the most out of your self-service and agent-service efforts. Omni-channel support includes:
- Self-Service: Provide your customers with intuitive step-by-step guidance in your web and mobile customer channels
- Seamless Assistance: Deliver quick and easy assisted support with 1-click transition to chat or call an agent
- Full User History: Eliminate unnecessary repeating and troubleshooting by providing your agents with a full view of the customer's self-service experience
- Remote Control & Co-Browsing: Solve customer issues faster and with more precision by having full access to view and control desktop and mobile devices
- Physical Device Support: Provide hands-on support of physical devices such as IoT and hardware by seeing real-time through your customer's mobile device camera
Agents: When You First Log In
What are sessions?
Sessions are customer support interactions managed through Support.com Cloud. Sessions are assigned a Session ID and can be attached to a particular customer and an agent. Sessions have an "Open" or "Closed" status, can be labeled "Resolved" or "Unresolved", and can even be transferred among agents, along with all of the session details and contextual information if there is a need for escalation.
What are Guided Paths?
Guided Paths are at the core of both customer self-service and agent-assisted support, providing easy to follow, step-by-step guidance with built-in branching logic. Guided Paths can include steps for advanced functions like remote control, device data capture, and the ability to push diagnostic, fix-it and app software to PCs, smartphones and tablets.
How do I create my first remote control session?
From the Navigator screen, select the Remote Connection tab. Direct the customer to the web address that displays, or email a link to the address from within Support.com Cloud.
You can find detailed instructions for Windows and Mac below:
What do all the different parts of the interface do?
- Support customers through sessions
- Create new sessions
- Find existing sessions
- View open sessions assigned to you
- View recent session activity
- Content categories for and the content and publication of Guided Paths and Support Articles
- Your Step Library (which houses "Steps" -- the foundation of Guided Paths)
- Your Action Library (Shortcuts that launch existing programs and utilities on the target device, such as Control Panel, Device Manager, etc.)
- Operations (Users, Teams, and Skills)
- Settings (Connect Pages and Calling Cards, Branding, Manage Fields, Push URLs, Configurations)
- Integration (Access Points, Authentication, Application Tokens, Access Control, Third Party Apps, Sandbox, Guided Path apps, Dynamic Step)
How do I connect to a customer's smartphone?
Can I connect to the camera on the customer's smartphone?
The customer will get a notification that you are requesting access to their smartphone camera. They must click "Allow" in order for you to access the camera.
Supervisors: When You First Log In
How do I register my agents?
You can add new agents by going to Admin > Operations > Users and clicking "+ Add New". If you can’t access the Admin interface, you do not have sufficient permissions and will need to be granted access by your tenant owner.
What is a connect page?
A connect page is the page that your customers use to initiate a remote connection. A connect page typically requires:
A connection code (six digit)
An authorization approval (checkbox)
A button to commence connection
You can create your own custom connect page or leverage the connect page that we provide out of the box. You can also configure multiple connect pages to use for different brands or teams.
How should I group my Teams and Skills?
Group agents into teams and by skill in a way that aids efficiency for analytics, training, and coaching purposes. Assign skills based on area of expertise, and as a way to help direct customers to the representative best suited to resolve a particular issue.
How do I build my first Guided Paths to ensure that agents use them?
When introducing new technology or processes, it’s best to start simple and evolve over time so that you can maximize adoption and ensure that you’re delivering value. Guided Paths have the ability to greatly reduce job complexity, so it may be very beneficial to your agents to work towards building Guided Paths that perform automated and advanced diagnostics and repair and even eliminate the need for agents to identify and manually upload correct software for customers.
Where should I start with Analytics?
Analytics are powerful and expose a ton of data. Here are some example reports that you’ll find most useful when you’re first getting started.
|Report||Quick Tips to Use|
Analytics > Management > Executive Dashboard
You can use your cursor to quickly filter the date. If you click and highlight part of the graph, the graph will zoom in on the time period that you have selected.
To clear a filter, simply click the icon in the top corner of Current Selections.
Analytics > Agent Success > Agent Scorecard
Click on an agent's name to view the following stats: