To edit an existing Category or Sub-category:
- Hover the mouse over the right side of a Category or Sub-category until an Edit icon (pencil) appears, and then click the icon. You can edit both Enabled and Disabled Categories.
The Category Details popup, such as the following, appears:
- Edit any or all of the following:
- Category Name: Enter a new name for this Category in this field.
- Enabled/Disabled: Check or clear the Enabled checkbox, as appropriate.
- Image: Click the Add/Edit icon (pencil) to add or edit an image or the Delete icon (trash can) to remove the image.
- Description: Enter a description for this Category in this field.
- Restrict Access To: Clicking or typing in this field opens a list of available Teams. Selecting one or more Team(s) restricts access to only those Agents who are in the selected Team(s). See Teams (opens a new article). See the note about nested restrictions below.
- Click Save.
Support.com Cloud will:
- Edit the existing Category using the information you provided.
- Close the Category Details popup.
- Return you to the Manage Categories screen.
When you restrict access to a Category, any Sub-categories inherit the same restrictions, unless you specify restrictions on the Sub-category.