To edit a Step in a Guided Path/Support Article, perform one of the following:
- Click the Step you want to edit in the list of Steps on the left side of the Visual Content Designer, if the Step has already been added to the Guided Path/Support Article.
- Add the Step to the Guided Path/Support Article by dragging it from the Step Library into the Guided Path/Support Article as described in Adding and Organizing Steps, and then select that Step.
The selected Step appears in the Visual Content Designer on the right. Notice the selected Step appears in blue on the left side of the screen.
To edit the Step, click the Information icon (letter 'i') to the right of the Visual Designer Content screen.
Available Step Edits:
- Name: Edit the name of the Step as needed.
- Description: Edit the description of the Step for the current Guided Path/Support Article. This function affects the current Guided Path or Article only; it does not affect the other Guided Paths/Support Articles that use the Step.
Click OK to save changes.
Remove a Step: Click the Remove Step icon (trash can) for the Step you want to remove from the Guided Path/Support Article.
If the Step is being used by more than one Guided Path/Support Article, the Edit a Step popup appears and prompts you to do one of the following:
- Click Edit to edit the content of the Step for all Paths/Articles that use the Step.
- Click Copy to create a copy of the Step that will only be used in the current Path/Article and then edit the content for this Path or Article only.
Support.com Cloud saves your changes immediately.
Note: Editing the Step name and/or description only edits those items for the current Guided Path/Support Article. This is not the same thing as editing the Step itself, which will affect all Guided Paths/Support Articles that use that Step. Please see Editing a Step for instructions on editing Steps.