Start a New Remote Connection and Path/Article
If Remote Control has been enabled by an Administrator as described in Remote Control (opens a new article), then the Start a New Remote Connection and Path/Article functionality appears as follows:
- In the Session screen when you create a new session.
- In the Session screen when you open an existing session (provided that the status of the Session you are accessing is set to Closed).
- In a popup window when you click the Add New Path/Article icon (circle with a plus sign) in an existing session.
- Select the Category to use in the Choose Your Category section by clicking the desired Category. By default, the Recently Used category is selected with your most recently-used Paths and Articles. If needed, you may scroll up and down this section. Please see Categories (opens a new article) for more information about Categories. If the Category has an arrow next to it, then clicking that arrow opens the Sub-categories under that Category.
- Selecting a Category or Sub-category opens a list of the Paths and Articles available under that Category in the Start a Guided Path/Article section. If needed, you may select a different Category or Sub-category if you do not see the Path/Article you are looking for. You may also scroll up and down this section and/or type part of a Path/Article name in the Search field to search within the current Category or Sub-category. The list of Paths and Articles refreshes as you type. Please see Categories (opens a new article) for more information about Categories and Sub-categories. Alternatively, you may click the Start Remote Connection button to connect to a consumer device directly without running a Path or Article.
- Start the Path/Article by selecting it and then clicking the Start Path button. Alternatively, you can simply double-click the selected Path/Article to open the Session screen. This will not connect you to the customer's device; however, you can still provide the URL and connection code to the consumer. See Connecting to a Consumer Device.
Note: The Recently Used section contains a list of the most recent Paths and/or Articles you have run across all Categories or Sub-categories. This list gradually expands as your run more Paths/Articles. You can start a session or add a Path or Article from this list by clicking it and then clicking the Start button without having to select a Category or sub-Category.
Clicking the Start Remote Connection button opens a window with tabs that allow you to select the appropriate consumer device type. If have been configured as described in Connect Pages (opens a new article), then you will see a pull-down menu allowing you to select the appropriate Connect page. Selecting a page displays the URL that you must provide to the consumer. If needed, you may enter the consumer's email address in the field and then click the Email button (envelope). You may also send the connection link to Android® and iOS customers via SMS by entering their phone number in the field and then clicking the SMS icon (word balloon).