This section provides generic instructions for connecting to a Mac OSX computer. Please click the Connection Guide link in the Mac endpoint tab to see detailed instructions for various browser types. To connect to a Mac device:
- Use the Select Connection Page pull-down menu to select the appropriate page from which to begin the connection, and then either direct the consumer to the link in the Connection Instructions, or email them the link by clicking the Email button (envelope). If needed, you may edit the email address in the field before clicking the Email button.
- The consumer launches their web browser and then points it to the directed address.
- The consumer:
- Enters the Connection Code supplied by the Agent. Note: This is not needed if you email the link to the consumer and the consumer clicks that link.
- Checks the Authorization checkbox.
- Clicks the Connect button.
- The consumer either runs the connect_nnnnnn executable directly within their browser or downloads the file and then runs it. The consumer sees the interface described in Consumer Experience.
- Connects to the computer.
- Begins the session.
- Automatically begins screen sharing and remote control.
The consumer sees the interface described in Consumer Experience.
Please see Remote View for more information about remote connections to Macintosh computers.