To search for a session:
- In the Search screen, enter some or all of the following information in the appropriate fields:
- Session ID: Unique number of the specific session you are looking for. This must be the exact number; partial numbers and wildcards are not allowed.
- Session Created: Specific date on which the session was created. Clicking this field opens a Calendar popup, which allows you to navigate to and select the correct date.
- Session Closed: Specific date on which the session was closed. Clicking this field opens a Calendar popup, which allows you to navigate to and select the correct date.
- Session Status: Use the pull-down menu to select either Null (search in both open and closed sessions), Open (search in open sessions only), or Closed (search in closed sessions only).
- Agent: Use the pull-down menu to select either Null (search for sessions from any Agent) or an email address (search for sessions from that Agent only).
- Consumer Email: Enter some or all of the consumer’s email address.
- Consumer Name: Enter some or all of the consumer’s first and/or last name(s).
- Consumer Phone: Phone number of the consumer. This function searches both the Phone 1 and Phone 2 fields of the consumer record (see Creating a New Consumer). If the consumer has multiple phone numbers, the results will display both numbers separated by commas.
- Custom field(s): If one or more custom field(s) are enabled as described in Enabling/Disabling a Custom Field (opens a new article), you may use this as one of the search term(s) to help you find the consumer. This field may have a different name and/or accepted data format, depending on the unique settings for your company. Please contact your Support.com Cloud Administrator for assistance, if needed.
Note: All of your search term(s) must match one or more existing session(s) in order to display a match. If your search matches too many consumers, try adding more search criteria to narrow down the search. If your search does not match any consumers, try using fewer search terms and double-check that the information you are entering is accurate.
- Click Search.
The Search Results table appears with any matching sessions(s) displayed.
- You may do one of the following for any of the session(s) in the table, as needed:
- Open the session for viewing and/or editing without assigning it to yourself by clicking View icon (magnifying glass) for that session.
- Open (or reopen) a session and assign it to yourself by clicking the Open & Assign icon (open folder) for that session.
Support.com Cloud will do one of the following, as appropriate:
- Open the Session screen for the session you want to view and leave that session assigned to the current Agent.
- Open the Session screen for the session you want to view and assign that session to you.
The appearance of the Session screen and the available functionality will depend on whether the selected session status is Open or Closed.