To add a new user to Support.com Cloud:
- In the Users screen, click the green Add New button at the top right of the table.
The User Details screen appears for the new user.
- Enter the following Identification information in the appropriate fields:
- First name (required)
- Last name (required
- If you want to assign the user to one or more Team(s), then click the Team(s) field and click each Team to which you want to assign the user in the menu that appears. Added Teams appear in the Team(s) field. If you added a Team by mistake, click the Remove Team icon (X) for the Team(s) you want to remove.
- If you want to assign the user to one or more Skill(s), then click the Skill(s) field and click each Skill to which you want to assign the user in the menu that appears. Added Skills appear in the Skill(s) field. If you added a Team by mistake, click the Remove Skill icon (X) for the Skill(s) you want to remove. See Skills (link opens a new article) for more information about working with Skills.
- Enter the following Contact information in the appropriate fields:
- Email address (required)
- Phone number (optional)
- Assign a password for the user in the Password field (required). A password must contain at least eight characters and include at least one uppercase (capital) letter, one lowercase letter, and one digit. Special characters (such as !, @, #, etc.) are allowed.
- Reenter the password in the Confirm Password field (required).
- Assign at least one Role to the new user by selecting the Roles tab and then clicking the Add Role icon (plus sign) next to each role that you want to add. The available roles are:
- Administrator: Allows the user to perform administrative tasks. Selecting this role also grants Agent and Path Designer privileges to that user, which you can remove if needed.
- Agent: Allows the user to use Paths to provide direct support to consumers.
- Analytics: Allows the user to access the Analytics section of Support.com Cloud.
- Path Designer: Allows the user to create, edit, and remove paths.
- Supervisor: Allows the user to monitor session activity and--if enabled--transfer sessions. See Transferring a Session and Configuring Session Transfer Options.
Added roles appear in the Assignments section of the User Details screen. If you added a role by mistake, click the Remove Role icon (minus sign) for the role(s) you wish to remove. Please see Roles (opens a new article) for more information about Support.com Cloud roles.
- Review the information you entered for the new user, and then click the green Save button.
Support.com Cloud will do the following:
- Add the new user.
- Send a welcome email to that user at the email address that you supplied
- Close the User Details screen and return you to the Users screen.