Support.com® Cloud can assign one or more Skill(s) to each Agent. A Skill is arbitrary group that your organization can use to call out Agents who are best suited to handle various types of consumer issues. Some of the many ways you can use Skills include:
- Consumer platforms, such as Desktop, Laptop, or Tablet.
- Operating system, such as Windows®, Android®, or iOS®.
- Type of issues, such as Installation, Upgrade, or Warranty.
- Support level, such as Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3.
- Some combination of the above.
- Any other system that makes sense for your organization.
Assigning one or more Skill(s) to an Agent means that:
- Sessions can be transferred to a Skill if an Administrator has enabled Agent-to-Skill transfers. See Configuring Session Transfer Options (opens a new article).
- The Agent can accept "soft" session transfers (sessions that are transferred to a Skill instead of to a particular Agent) if they are Available. Agents who are Busy cannot accept Skills-based session transfers. See Availability (opens a new article).
- An Agent who receives a Skill-based session transfer must accept the session within the time period specified in the Manage Configurations screen. See Configuring Session Transfer Options (opens a new article).
Note: See Availability (opens a new article) for more information about Agent availability and Transferring a Session (opens a new article) for more information about transferring sessions. Supervisor users can also view Using the Activity Monitor (opens a new article) for more information about monitoring session and Agent activity.
Selecting Admin in the Navigation bar and then selecting Operations>Skills in the sub-menu navigation opens the Skills screen.