Support.com® Cloud includes two custom fields that can help map consumer and session data stored in Support.com Cloud with your existing CRM application or procedure:
- External Consumer Id: Unique identifier for each consumer.
- External Session Id: Unique identifier for each session.
You may create a label for each custom field. For example, you could name the External Consumer Id field as Consumer#. Agents who are creating a new consumer would see this field as Consumer#.
Selecting Admin in the Navigation bar and then selecting Manage Fields in the sub-menu navigation opens the Manage Fields screen.
The table on this screen displays the following information for each of the Session Data and Consumer Data custom fields:
- Quick Edit: Clicking the Quick Edit icon (lightning bolt) for a custom field opens the Quick Edit pane for that field (see Quick Edit).
- Edit: Clicking the Edit icon (pencil) for a custom field opens the <Custom Field> screen for the selected custom field, where <Custom Field> is the name of the custom field (see Full Edit).
- Status: Status of the custom field (either Enabled or Disabled).
- Enable/Disable: Clicking the Enable icon (up arrow) for a disabled custom field enables that field. Clicking the Disable icon (barred circle) for an enabled field disables that field. See Enabling/Disabling a Custom Field.
- Custom Field: Name of the custom field. This name is not visible to Agents.
- Label: Name of the field as it appears to Agents.
- Required: Whether (Yes) or not (No) the custom field is required when creating a consumer or session.
- Control: Type of custom field (Input or Combobox).
- Order: Order in which the field appears relative to other custom fields.
Note: Support.com Cloud does not support adding or removing custom fields. You may enable, disable, and configure the existing custom fields that appear on this screen.