To quickly edit a custom field:
- Click the Quick Edit icon (lightning bolt) for the custom field you want to edit.
The Quick Edit pane expands for that custom field.
- You may edit any of the following information in the appropriate field(s)/checkbox:
- Label: Name of the custom field that will appear to Agents
- Description: Brief description of how the custom field is being used.
- Checking the Required checkbox makes this custom field required when creating a new consumer (External Consumer Id) or session (External Session Id). Clearing this checkbox makes the custom field optional.
- Validation: If you need the data in the custom field(s) to meet certain criteria (such as length and/or type of input), then you can specify the validation to perform on these fields by entering the requisite criteria in this field. This field uses Standard Regular Expression Strings (RegEx) syntax. Please see http://www.websense.com/content/support/library/web/hosted/dsc_admin/wildcard_regex.aspx for more information.
- Order: Order in which the custom field will appear to Agents.
- Click the Update button to save your changes.
Support.com Cloud will do some or all of the following, as appropriate:
- Update the field information.
- Make the field optional or required, as appropriate.
- Update the method it uses to validate Agent input in this field.