- Click the Edit icon (pencil) for the user you want to edit.
The User Details screen appears for that user with their current information populated in the appropriate field(s).
- Edit some or all of the following information in the appropriate fields, as needed:
- Field: Internal name of the custom field (required).
- Label: Name of the field that appears to Agents (required).
- Description: Field description that appears to Agents. This field is optional.
- Data Type: Type of data (such as text) that this field accepts (required).
- Control: Type of input for this field (required). The available options are:
- Text: Single-line text box.
- Combobox: Multi-line text box.
- Default: Default value of the custom field, if the Agent does not enter a value. This field is optional.
- Checking the Required checkbox makes this custom field required when creating a new consumer (External Consumer Id) or session (External Session Id). Clearing this checkbox makes the custom field optional.
- Order: Order in which the custom field will appear to Agents.
- Validation: If you need the data in the custom field(s) to meet certain criteria (such as length and/or type of input), then you can specify the validation to perform on these fields by entering the requisite criteria in this field. This field uses Standard Regular Expression Strings (RegEx) syntax. Please see http://www.websense.com/content/support/library/web/hosted/dsc_admin/wildcard_regex.aspx for more information.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Support.com Cloud will do some or all of the following, as appropriate:
- Update the field information.
- Make the field optional or required, as appropriate.
- Apply the configuration options as specified by you.
- Update the method it uses to validate Agent input in this field.