The Session Transfer section of the Manage Configurations screen allows you to enable/disable and manage session transfers. Transferring a session assigns that session to another Agent either directly (Agent-to-Agent) or indirectly (Agent-to-Skill).
To use this feature:
- Enable/disable session transfer capability by clicking the Allow Session Transfer switch to toggle this feature On or Off.
- Check the Enable Agent-to-Skill transfer checkbox to allow sessions to be transferred to any Agent with the selected Skill. For example, transferring a session to the Windows® Skill will assign that session to the first available Agent who is assigned to the Windows skill. To be eligible to receive a Skill-based transfer, an Agent must meet all of the following conditions:
- They must be logged into Support.com Cloud.
- They must have the selected Skill assigned to them. See Users (opens a new article) and Skills (opens a new article).
- They must have have their status set to Available. See Availability (opens a new article)
- They must respond to the session transfer within the specified timeout period (see below).
- Check the Enable Agent-to-Agent transfer checkbox to allow sessions to be transferred to a specific Agent. The session will be transferred to the specified Agent regardless of login status, Skill, or availability and will appear in the Navigator section of that Agent's screen.
Note: You may enable or disable either or both transfer method(s).
- By default, an Agent can accept any number of sessions; however, you may want to limit this in order to avoid overloading your Agents and negatively impacting your consumer service. The Maximum concurrent Sessions per Agent pull-down menu allows you to set a limit of 1-10 sessions per Agent or remove limits altogether.
- Specify the timeout period for an Agent to accept a Skill-based transfer using the Reassign Session if not accepted after pull-down menu. If the Agent does not accept the session within the specified time period, then their availability will be set to Busy and the session will either be assigned to the next Agent with the specified Skill (if one is available) or placed into the queue (if one is not available).
- The Session Transfer report (see Session Transfer Report; opens a new article) can help you track how well your organization is adhering to any applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Use the pull-down menu to select your desired service level(s).
- Click the green Update button.