The Ribbon appears at the top of all Analytics screens:
From left to right, the buttons in the Ribbon are:
- Clear: Clicking this button clears any currently selected filter(s). This is the same as clicking the Clear icon (eraser) in the Current Selections area of the Filters. See Filters.
- Back: Returns you to your previously-selected filter(s) in a manner similar to a browser Back button.
- Forward: Moves you forward to your next set of selected filter(s) in a manner similar to a browser Forward button.
- Lock: Clicking the Lock icon (locked padlock) maintains your currently-selected filter(s) as you move through the various dashboard and/or reports within Support.com Cloud.
- Unlock: Clicking the Unlock icon (open padlock) unlocks your currently-selected filter(s). Your currently-selected filter(s) will be cleared when you access the next dashboard or report.
- Show/Hide Notes: Clicking the Notes icon (pad and pencil) toggles the Notes popup on and off. See Notes.
- Add Bookmark: Clicking the Add Bookmark icon (star with a plus sign) opens the Add Bookmark popup, which allows you to save your currently-selected filter(s) as a bookmark that you can return to later using the Select Bookmark pull-down menu. Support.com Cloud saves bookmarks on a per-user basis, meaning that every user with Analytics privileges (see Roles) can save their own bookmarks. You can also share bookmarks with other Analytics users. See Adding a Bookmark.
- Remove Bookmark: Selecting a bookmark using the Select Bookmark pull-down menu (see below) and then clicking the Remove Bookmark icon (star with a minus sign) removes the selected bookmark. A confirmation dialog appears asking you to confirm the removal. If no bookmark is selected, then the confirmation dialog includes a pull-down menu that allows you to choose the bookmark to remove.
- Select Bookmark: This pull-down menu allows you to access your saved bookmark(s), if any. You can also access saved bookmarks that have been created by other users (see Sharing a Bookmark)
- Share Session: Clicking the Share Session icon (message forwarding) allows you to share your current Support.com Cloud Analytics session with one or more coworkers who also have Analytics privileges within Support.com Cloud. See Collaboration.
- More: This pull-down menu allows you to access the Mail with Bookmark as a Link option.
- Mail with Bookmark as a Link: Selecting this option in the More pull-down menu allows you to email a hyperlink to your currently-selected bookmark to another user who also has Analytics privileges in Support.com Cloud. The user can click this link to view the bookmark.