You can use this Python script to pull together all the Path names, descriptions, categories, tags, and extended tagging data into one .csv file where you can easily make changes all in one place. Then you can load the changes from your spreadsheet back in to your Paths.
1. Download ExportToExcelPaths.py and ExportToJsonPaths.py and place them in an empty folder.
2. Move the .zip file containing all the JSON paths and place it in the folder.
Check out Data Export to find how to generate the source .zip file
3. Run ExportToExcelPaths.py by entering the following into a terminal window:
- Python ExportToExcelPaths.py inputfile.zip
Replace inputfile.zip with the name of the .zip file. The system generates a file named data.csv
4.Make your desired changes in the .csv file and then save.
5. Run ExportToJsonPaths.py by entering one of the following into a terminal window:
- If you want all JSON files to be included in the new .zip:
- Python ExportToJsonPaths.py desiredfilename.zip y
- If you want just the edited JSON files included in the new .zip
- Python ExportToJsonPaths.py desiredfilename.zip n
In either case, replace desiredfilename.zip with the name of the .zip file. The script creates a new modified .zip file with the changed JSON Paths.
Check out Data Import to learn how to implement the changed Paths.